Without the right preparation, an office relocation can turn into one big headache. A commercial move can be even more challenging because there is a strong chance of disrupting your normal services. Any drop in your operations can result in a drop in revenue, and that is never a good thing, especially during a move. It doesn’t have to be this way though.
Commercial office relocation can be turned into a new opportunity to reach new heights and settle into your new location with even better performance than before. Service providers like Stability Networks offer professional office relocation services that will allow you to hit the ground running in your new location.
Tips for Office Relocation
- It is never too early to start planning your move. Assess what needs to come with you and anything that can be left behind, donated, or sold off. Don’t leave any uninformed about your upcoming move. Let your employees, customers, and partners know the moving date, and your new location well before you are actually moving.
- If you are donating or selling old electronic equipment, make sure that all your old records and files have been fully purged from the hardware. Leaving your business or your files open to access is a dangerous risk that can threaten you for years to come. Ensure that all your passwords and authentication data are secure with your current or new devices. This is the perfect task to be handled by your IT service provider.
- Plan to move your coverage and other services first. For any business, it is not practical to just down your operations and go through a whole moving process before starting back up again. Make sure that you have appropriate coverage and vital services in place so that your employees and customers experience as little downtime as possible.
- Move the least essential physical items first. When it comes to the desks and file cabinets or other office furniture, you can let the moving company handle those first. You want to move your most critical office equipment when you’ve got a firm foundation already set up. This is an essential part of prep work. Assessing what needs to go before everything else and what can wait until the final day.
- Get your IT services in order. If you are working with an IT service provider, make sure that they are ready to transfer your services and make a clean cut from your old location. A commercial relocation can take advantage of technologies like the cloud computing and business phone systems to create seamless performance from one address to your new one.
- Look for opportunities to improve. This is the most significant advantage that comes moving your office. You can start with a brand-new infrastructure that supports your business in a whole new way. Work with your service provider to look at your floor plan and structure for new ways to optimize your performance and make the most of your new office space.
Stability Networks Makes All Transitions Easy
These are just a handful of moving tips that you should include in your relocation plan. If you are looking for help moving your information technology services, contact us at Stability Networks today. We will work you to arrange a full-service move that will protect your operations from disruption and set your business for better performance than ever before.