We love that the tech world encourages independence and “bootstrapping”—learning things on your own and doing things for yourself. And while we’re all about DIY, we also think some things are too technical to be learned through a Youtube video.
One of the riskiest decisions you could make as someone who’s considering an Office 365 migration is to do it yourself. It’s a big project, and one that could have long-term implications for your business if it doesn’t go well. It takes time, knowledge, and expertise to successfully make the switch and have effective Office 365 management.
That’s why partnering with a managed service provider can make all the difference. By teaming up with an experienced MSP, you can take advantage of their training and resources to make your Office 365 migration a success.
So why should you consider an MSP when migrating and planning your Office 365 management? Let’s take a look at some of the benefits they offer.
Why Do Businesses Make the Switch to Office 365?
As you well know, running a business is like juggling. You’re trying to keep all the balls in the air, constantly making adjustments and corrections as you go along. And in today’s tech-driven world, this juggling act is becoming more and more difficult.
That’s why so many businesses are choosing to make the switch to Office 365. It gives them access to powerful productivity tools, hundreds of applications, backup services, and much more—all with a lower price tag.
One of the main reasons businesses make the switch to Office 365 is because it allows them to take advantage of all the benefits that cloud technology has to offer. With Office 365, your team can collaborate more efficiently and effectively with tools like SharePoint, OneDrive, and Teams.
You’ll have seamless access to email accounts and calendars from virtually anywhere. Plus, you’ll never have to worry about data loss or downtime again thanks to the built-in backup and disaster recovery services that Office 365 provides.
With all these benefits, it’s no wonder why so many businesses are switching to Office 365! But if you want to optimize your Office 365 management, partnering with an experienced managed service provider is a must.
What Could Happen If You Tackle Migration on Your Own?
It’s tempting to try and go at it alone when making the switch to Office 365. After all, you might have experience with other software migrations or even some technical know-how that makes you confident in your abilities.
But when it comes to something as complex as an Office 365 migration, this isn’t a smart move. You could end up facing challenges like:
- Inefficient use of time and money: Migrations take a lot of work, especially when they’re done in-house. If something goes wrong or if your migration doesn’t go smoothly, you could be stuck wasting hours—or even days—trying to fix things on your own.
- Security risks: Depending on the last time you updated critical systems or how secure your current setup is, performing a migration could open your data up to vulnerabilities. There can also be a lot of people accessing data during a migration, which creates more opportunities for human error.
- Insufficient user training: A new operating system always requires new training, and this is especially true for Office 365. If your employees don’t understand how to use the tools at their disposal, they could end up wasting time struggling to find what they need. An MSP can take care of the migration and management of your new system.
How Office 365 Management Is Easier With an MSP
So, what can a managed service provider offer you when it comes to your migration and Office 365 management? Let’s take a look at some of the benefits they can provide:
- Expertise and guidance: An exceptional MSP will have years of experience helping businesses make the switch to Office 365. They’ll know all the ins and outs of the process, so you can rest assured that nothing will slip through the cracks. When we’re not experienced in something, nothing rings truer than the quote “You don’t know what you don’t know.” But the purpose of an MSP is to know what you don’t, and to help you understand new tools.
- Saving time: It depends on how much data you’re wanting to migrate, but in our experience, it can take around 2 weeks to migrate about 1000 email accounts. That doesn’t include other data that you’d like to store in the cloud. We’ve completed hundreds of migrations of all sizes, so we’ve nailed down a process that allows us to complete the job efficiently.
- Predictable pricing: With an upfront quote and flat fees, you won’t be hit with any surprise expenses along the way, like additional licenses you weren’t aware of when you started. And because these fees are based on the time and resources required to complete your migration, you’ll know exactly what you’re getting into every step of the way.
- Managed infrastructure: We covered a lot about migration, but it doesn’t stop there. After you get set up, you’ll need to make sure you’re getting the most out of your investment. Security controls, automation, compliance—some companies need a whole separate team for Office 365 management.
Make the Most Out of Office 365 With Stability Networks
If you want to optimize your Office 365 management and avoid common migration pitfalls, partnering with a trusted managed service provider is the way to go. At Stability Networks, we have over 25 years of expertise and experience, and we want to use it to help you!
Your company could see strong growth if you implement Office 365, and the process is a lot easier with our technicians at Stability Networks. Schedule a consultation to see if we’d be a good fit!